.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
the skunks of los feliz
7.27.2004
 
The Fed's report on how a belief in Hell may affect a nation's economic well being raises some interesting questions. First, what the &*%$ is the Fed doing wasting taxpayer money on this kind of crap? Also unanswered: is there a corollary between a belief in purgatory and surfing the net at work when the boss isn't looking? And does a belief in heaven inspire corporate bigwigs to stop cheating on their taxes and focus less on the bottom line when it conflicts with the welfare of their workers, the better to cement their place on the right hand of God?
On the face of it (and this is purely talking out of my ass, which is clearly now acceptable practice), I'd have to answer my own questions thusly: dunno, maybe, and highly unlikely.
As for my own beliefs, if there is a Hell, my reservation was confirmed a long time ago. I guess I'll just have to find some other motivation for economic success. Greed, maybe?
 
Comments: Post a Comment


DROP MAIL AT:

Le Pew Mail

PHOTOS:

BLOGS:

LINKS:

MUZAK & RADIO:

SUBSCRIBE:

BROWSER:

Get Firefox!


ARCHIVES: