.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
the skunks of los feliz
11.13.2004
 
Mozilla has released Firefox 1.0, and it's great. I've been using the pre-release versions for almost a year now, and I've got to say it's stable, flexible, and feature-packed.

Tabbed browsing, live bookmarks, a nice variety of skins, improved security, and an active development community give Firefox a definite leg up on it's competitors. It's simply a better browser than IE or Opera (their ad-supported software just kills it for me).

If it sounds like I'm shamelessly plugging this thing, I am. MS has sat on the same basic IE for years now, gaping security holes and all. Obviously, the lack of competition has led to stagnancy in Redmond. Mozilla is pushing them in a way that the moribund Netscape has been unable to.

And, it's a good product. I've been waiting for something to come along to allow me to switch browsers for something other than the atavistic pleasure it gives me to give the finger to MS. Now I can give them the finger, and have a better internet experience, all at the same time.

And what could be better than that?
 
Comments: Post a Comment


DROP MAIL AT:

Le Pew Mail

PHOTOS:

BLOGS:

LINKS:

MUZAK & RADIO:

SUBSCRIBE:

BROWSER:

Get Firefox!


ARCHIVES: