.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
the skunks of los feliz
3.19.2005
 

For all you Red Line freaks, from Councilmember Tom LaBonge's newsletter:
A National League of Cities Conference took me to Washington D.C.
earlier this week. The trip doubled as a chance to meet with numerous
members of the California Congressional delegation to discuss issues of
importance to CD4, the City of Los Angeles and our region.
My key topic of discussion with a majority of the members was the
extension of our MTA subway system, whether this means going
underground, above ground or at grade. Many of you know I am a strong
advocate for extending the subway west to the ocean and into the
northwest San Fernando Valley.
A key challenge is to seek reversal of federal legislation that
prohibits underground rail tunneling in the Wilshire corridor, which
was the major topic of conversation in my meeting with Rep. Henry Waxman,
author of the original bill. He assured me that he will work with me
and my colleagues at the MTA on this critical issue. I also advocated
this position in meetings with Reps. Lucille Roybal-Allard, Diane
Watson, Adam Schiff, Howard Berman, Jane Harman and Xavier Bacerra.
There is little chance we can extend the subway without federal
support.
Waxman is on board, people! This thing might actually get off the ground.
 
Comments: Post a Comment


DROP MAIL AT:

Le Pew Mail

PHOTOS:

BLOGS:

LINKS:

MUZAK & RADIO:

SUBSCRIBE:

BROWSER:

Get Firefox!


ARCHIVES: